1748170 Members
4029 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: P4000-DR Replication

samaoas
Frequent Advisor

P4000-DR Replication

I have 2 Lefthand Units. I want to keep one in primary and antoher in DR site. I want to replicate my primary site data to DR site. What is the best way to do this ? Both the units are in same place.
6 REPLIES 6
Rafael Fonseca
Occasional Advisor

If the latency between the two is less than 2ms, you could set it up in the same management group and cluster (or maybe different clusters).

Otherwise, look into Scheduled Remote Snapshots. That's how I replicate two physical nodes to a VSA in another datacenter.
Imtac Support

latency between the two sites is 1ms only, we want to achieve online replication and if the primary units or powered off then we dont want the users to disconnect . We need online replication, how to configure ? With snapshots we will not get real time data at dr site,
Mark Wibaux
Trusted Contributor

Put both nodes in the same Management Group but in different sites.
Then configure each LUN you create for Network RAID1 and the P4000 will automatically create a mirrored copy of all data on that LUN. It will be a synchronise copy (so the write is only acknowledged once written to both nodes).
Mark Wibaux
Trusted Contributor

Should also have mentioned that as you only have 2 nodes make sure you are running a Fail-Over Manager VM at one of the sites so that you continue to have a quorum if one of the nodes goes offline.
Imtac Support

2 nodes on primary and 2 nodes on secondary. Created a one management group but when you power off 2 nodes in primary i lost the connection from the hosts. we also have a FOM installed and Volumes are Netowrk raid 10.
samaoas
Frequent Advisor

t