1752812 Members
5679 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Two cluster questions

jswest
Occasional Advisor

Two cluster questions

I have a mulit-site cluster (2 nodes in each location). Another dept has a two node cluster. These are not part of the same management group.

1)Can I still do async replication between the two and

2)Without destroying any volumes is there a way to bring the two node cluster into my management group

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi
1: Yes, as long as CMC can manage BOTH management groups
2: not as far as I am aware
To get around this you could do remote snapshots to copy the data from one site to another then once this is done delete the man group/cluster and then add the nodes to your existing man group.

*****Note***** remote copy is only point in time copy so you would have to stop all access to data for the time it took you to copy the data across or the last remote snapshot of the data.

You would also need capacity in the cluster you are sending to!
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
jswest
Occasional Advisor

So regarding question one, are you saying that CMC can manage multiple management groups under the same tree? I assume then that by adding the other MG to my CMC it would be taken out of the other CMC, correct?
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi
Kind of...
You do not remove or add to CMC. All you need to do is to make sure that the server running CMC can see ALL the LHN nodes (VSA's or real h/w) you wish to manage.
Once you have sorted out your network just add the "new" nodes in as normal via the CMC seesion under the toolbar "find" option.
All CMC does is show you the information that it gets from the nodes. It does not store the config info, it has to read it in from the nodes. When you make any modifications they are held on the nodes. CMC is just your management interface.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...