1748050 Members
5017 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DNS flushing is it OK?

jeremy mendoza
Regular Advisor

Here it is cimtechnologies.com thank you for giving time on this. thank you thank you.. (If we've addressed this problem you'll definitely earn my perfect vote!) Thanks again.. Peace!

JM
Impossible is DOable!!!
Jonathan Axford
Trusted Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

It all looks ok from here. The DNSReport has come out ok.

The only thing that might be causing problems is your MX record, which is called

cimtechnologies.com

A receiving mailserver may see this as your server not having a hostname...

Does your DC/Exchange box have a hostname like DC.cimtechnologies.com? If so, that might be causing some Anti-Spam devices a problem as you will be sending mail from DC.cimtechnologies.com and when the receiving server checks this, it just gets cimtechnologies.com back from the DNS lookup...

No problems for helping out! Is what these forums are here for! (And some points wouldn't go amiss, i am only 13 points off 250!)

If you can get an NDR from one of the failures we can probably identify what is causing the problems
Where there is a will there is a way...
jeremy mendoza
Regular Advisor

jonathan,

Yup I agree to that! Congrats! I'll give to you the 13 points... I have a question about DC.cimtechnologies.com DC = domain controller ryt? what should i place there, if Im not wrong it is the netbios name of the server ryt???

what should i put in the FQDN? servername.cimtechnologies.com or mail.cimtechnologies.com?

What could be the right one? But one things for sure I've tried both of them and they are all valid FQDN... (Am I goin' nuts?!?!)

By the way here's my assigned points for you
JM
Impossible is DOable!!!
Jonathan Axford
Trusted Contributor

Your server should have a hostname of your choosing.

It can be anything you like, the FQDN then becomes [servername].cimtechnologies.com

The MX record that comes up for your domain has the FQDN of cimtechnologies.com, so the hostname is cimtechnologies.

What is the server called, the DNS name and NetBIOS name are usually the same. So if the server is called 'Server1' the NetBIOS name would be SERVER1 and the FQDN would be Server1.cimtechnologies.com
Where there is a will there is a way...
jeremy mendoza
Regular Advisor

thanks man! Congrats again by the way!

So bottomline I really have to flush the dns and clear the cache ryt? I'll post here again with the development..

Stay stuck!
Thanks again!

JM
Impossible is DOable!!!
jeremy mendoza
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I did flushed the dns..and clear the cache but still to no avail. I've found out about SPF! we don't have SPF in our domain that's why maybe the REASON why we can't send mail to some domains (D*mn!)... Do you know how to set this up?!

Peace!

JM
Impossible is DOable!!!