1948 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Lossing my memory

Rackem4me
Frequent Advisor

Lossing my memory

Hello,
I have a DL380 G5 that is running 2003 Ent R2 x64 SP2. There is 4GB of ram. It is a large file and print server with over 2TB of data, and 55 printers. The pagefile is set to 6GB on the C and 6GB on the E drives.

My problem is this. The available memory keeps dropping down to ~500MB. I checked all the running processes and there is nothing that looks out of the ordinary. I rebooted and the available memory jumped to ~3.5GB. That was last night at 10:00 pm. This morning, it is already down to 1.4GB available, and 1.3GB in the system cache.

I have a Dell (sorry) that is larger than this server, handles more users, but doesn't have this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas here? I looked at the device manager but don't really see anything (Motherboard resources look a little high). I attached a screen shot.

I haven't messed with memory in a long time, so I am a little stumped.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Phil.Howell
Honored Contributor

Re: Lossing my memory

Run procexp from sysinternals and configure it to show all the "process memory" values.
Then keep an eye on them.
This link shows how to investigate further.
http://www.technochakra.com/profiling-with-procexp-process-explorer/

Phil

Phil.Howell
Honored Contributor

Re: Lossing my memory

one more thing...
Look in LAN connection properties, and check the properties of "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" and ensure the option "Maximise data throughput for file sharing" is checked.
You could also experiment with the option "Minimise memory used".