108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PowerShell Module Questions

SOLVED
Go to solution
blunderdog45
Occasional Advisor

PowerShell Module Questions

Justin Rich, I suspect I've missed something in the install. After connecting to an array I can enter the Get-NSVolume command and have a list of all my volumes returned. However, if I enter Get-NSInitiatorGroup I get an error like this. Is there something else I must do to have access to all the commands?

PS C:\Users\administrator.HCCANET> Get-NSInitiatorGroup

Get-NSInitiatorGroup : Unable to find type [VolAclRec]. Make sure that the assembly that contains this type is loaded.

At line:1 char:1

+ Get-NSInitiatorGroup

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (VolAclRec:TypeName) [], RuntimeException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : TypeNotFound

4 REPLIES 4
jcates98
Trusted Contributor

Hi Kelley,

While I can't answer your specific question about the community created PowerShell module, I wanted to offer an alternative so that at a minimum you have a programmatic way to get the information you need through PowerShell.

As of Nimble OS 2.3, we've implemented support for REST APIs.  This works really well with PowerShell!  Check out the attached script, where you'll find a function written to return the initiator groups from a given nimble array.  The script has a couple of functions defined, with example usage at the end of the script.  Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Julian

jcates98
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Re: PowerShell Module Questions

In my haste, I attached the wrong script, sorry.  The previous script will show you initiators.  The script attached here will show you initiator groups. Sorry for the confusion.

#twoforthepriceofone

blunderdog45
Occasional Advisor

Thank you. IтАЩll give this a look. I kind of punted on the whole powershell thing and just started using the standard cli commands to build x number of db volumes and log volumes for my Exchange servers. It allows me to read some input from excel and builds all the rest for me.

Any idea when 2.3 will be released to unwashed masses (me)?

Kelley

pdavies34
Valued Contributor

Kelley,

If you speak to suport they can check your system to see if you are OK for 2.3 now (ask them about GA status although it may depend on your array model )

Phil