Array Performance and Data Protection
1748169 Members
4237 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Increase the number of replication streams?

SOLVED
Go to solution
foodandbikes
Advisor

Increase the number of replication streams?

I am coming against a wall of 3 concurrent volume replications. How can I increase this number?

We have a many to one replication topology, with the central SAN being a 460 model, and remote sites being 210 models.

3 volumes are actively replicating, the remaining volumes all say "Active" but the status never goes beyond 0%.

8 REPLIES 8
jfeierfeil131

Hi Dan,

The default is three, but there is a config parameter (cli config) that specifies maximum number of replication streams per replication partner which can be increased.  I believe the maximum is 10. Please contact Nimble Support to have them assist you with increasing this parameter.

foodandbikes
Advisor

Thanks, Jeff.

I have since gotten in touch with support and we are working things out.

Thanks!

-Dan

Not applicable

Make sure they remember to increase the memory assigned to the replication process.  They increased my replication to 10, but forgot to increase the memory and had my nimble down for 2 hours (got in a crash loop).

-Craig

Not applicable

Awesome I didn't know this was possible.  This is one of my complaints since we got a bigger pipe, waiting on only 3 replications at a time.

ajay59
Occasional Advisor

sorry to hear about your experience Craig. We are fixing this issue in the next release, to avoid the risk of human error causing problems.

Not applicable

Is this issue fixed in 1.4.6.0?

ajay59
Occasional Advisor

this fix is planned for 1.4.7.

milovanov88
Advisor
Solution

Procedure of changing replication streams is specific to Nimble OS 1.4.x. This change was superseded by improvements in replication mechanisms in currently available versions of Nimble OS 2.x and above.