108857 Solutions
New Discussion ī„‚

Nimble dHCI 5.3.1 vCenter plugin

SOLVED
Go to solution
NOS205
Advisor

Nimble dHCI 5.3.1 vCenter plugin

We have a two Nimble dHCI deployed and configured them Enhanced Link Mode. The second vCenter deployed, the vCenter Nimble Plugin is missing some options such as Home, Inventory, Events and Update? The Nimble is running  5.3.1.100-816431.

I've tried unregistering and re-registering via the array GUI. Still no joy.

10 REPLIES 10
Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Re: Nimble dHCI 5.3.1 vCenter plugin

Hi NOS205

Thank you for coming on HPE Community forums.

DHCI is a tightly integrated appliance. The second vcenter may not have the dHCI plugin installed. Instead, it may have just installed the regular plugin which is expected in my opinion.

Regards
Mahesh

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

NOS205
Advisor

Thanks. Is there anyway of installing/enabling the dHCI plugin?

Mahesh202
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi NOS205

Thank you for coming to the HPE Community forums.

The DHCI deployment script during the initial deployment will install the plugin automatically on the vCenter.
It should be validated with the support, for any possible manual installation of the plugin on the second vCenter.

Regards
Mahesh

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

NOS205
Advisor

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for the response. With the help of an excellent Nimble support representative we managed to get it sorted. 

Thanks

Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Hi NOS205

Am glad to hear that the issue has been sorted and resolved.

Regards
Mahesh

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo

DMVH-KoenDeMol
Visitor

Hi,

we have a customer running on Nimble 3.0.7 which we would like to upgrade to the 5.3. Do you still have the image somewhere?

Thx.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Since this has nothing to do with the topic, please start a new one.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

DMVH-KoenDeMol
Visitor

Hi Sheldon,

I know my question has "nothing" to do with the initial message. But since the CS500 is out of support there is no official way to acquire the firmware. So I'm looking in the community for people who have questions about this version, hoping they still have the files ...  I don't need any support on it, only the firmware itself. We need to get this one up and running again ...

I will create a new topic.

Thx,

Koen.

cmln

Hey NOS205,

I'm having somewhat the same issue.

How did you solved it?

regards

cmln