108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Nimble management

SOLVED
Go to solution
gelowe
Occasional Visitor

Nimble management

What are the ways you can manage Nimble storage? The HP docs on this are abysmal. It looks like the Nimble has a local ip based managemnt. HP only mentions Oneview and Infosight. Are there any docs that explaion all this? Is HP aware how bad this looks from a support persepctive? PPl need to be able to find documentation on setup, deploent and managemnet or they will nort buy ypour praducts. Any help on understanding the management and setup of Nimble would be gratly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
DaveOb
HPE Pro
Solution

Primarily the array is managed via a web interface each array has a management IP, that can be logged into to provide a GUI interface for administration of the Array, Multiple arrays can be grouped together and managed from a single login 

Infosight is primarily a  monitoring /analytics tool.

The majority of the documentation for Nimble is hosted on infosight, not HPEs site 

The HPE youtube channel might be a good initial jumping-off point.

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
gelowe
Occasional Visitor

Thank You. I have issues looking up docs in infosight. I can log in but when I go to document pages I get 500 errors. Aslo I think it might be related to the fact we have nop unit to register in infosight yet. Would they limit access to docs from only users with untis? How do we prep for a new unit witholut access to docs?

mamatadesaiNim
HPE Blogger

DaveOb
HPE Pro

As far as i know, the documents for nimble in infosight are tied to accounts so some work needs to be done on the back end Your local HPE team should be able to set this up for you or provide DEMO/POC part of which would normally grant access to infosight to test out its features.

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo