4273 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Peer persistence

SLawlor
Occasional Contributor

Peer persistence

Hi

I am setting peer-persistence up for a customer, this is the first time I have actually done this, the arrays are both on 5.1x Nos so all good, I have 3 subnets setup

1. Management using both eth0 and eth1 (10GB) - set to management arrays on both sides are on the same subnet

2. Replication using TGA1 and 2 on the same subnet -set to group only arrays on both sides are on the same subnet

3. iSCSI using TGB1 and 2 on the same subnet -set to iSCSI only arrays on both sides are on the same subnet

All pre-reqs are ok sub 5 mil latency etc.

I intend pulling them into a group tomorrow, but just need to run the netwrok setup past some one with experience of Peer-persistence

Tia

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hi Steve,

Looks ok to me. When you group them together, you'll find out if the networking config is correct or not

Also, if you sign into HPE TechPro, there are dedicated technical forums for partners where you can ask questions:

https://techpro.hpe.com/hpelogin.aspx

Login with your HPE passport, then click "Community Forums".

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
SLawlor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Nick

Thomas_Lam_HK
HPE Pro

If you are running iSCSI over PP, make sure you have set the group option "--default_iscsi_target_scope " to "group" before creating Sync Repl volume collection.

Of course, you need latest NCM installed on host to support PP muitipathing.

Thomas Lam - Global Storage Field CTO

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo