Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB stick in a controller -

SOLVED
Go to solution
rmueller112
Occasional Visitor

USB stick in a controller -

searched google and here, no results show. looking for best way to replace it. Kind of got left the chore, have a replacement from nimble tech but the instructions look weak.. as I look in the back there is a power supply and larger casing below that with fans and nic. it has a large handle, with a locking screw. I suppose one pulls the power, pulls the controller, suppose all the way out, locate usb, replace, put controller back in, plug in.. now, tech mentioned something to the effect, "lightly press the power button, to start up the controller (which is the standby one), but not too hard or you will power off the unit". He did not mention if some configuration is lost doing this or not.

2 REPLIES
ndyer39
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: USB stick in a controller -

Hi Randy,

Call support and they can walk you through it on the phone. Essentially pull out the controller from the chassis (no need to pull power). The USB is visible on the right-hand side of the controller if looking at the back. It's a two minute job to replace it - very easy.

rmueller112
Occasional Visitor

Re: USB stick in a controller -

Sounds simple enough. Is its in standby mode, do I have to put it into halt mode before pulling? “halt –array –controller B” according to some instructions sent.