2704 Online
108852 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 2930M with JL081A (4 Smrt Rte PoE+ Module) - No connection

AELNR
Occasional Visitor

2930M with JL081A (4 Smrt Rte PoE+ Module) - No connection

Hi all,

This seems to have Aruba TAC stumped so far, so i'm reaching out to see if anyone has experienced a similar issue.

We have an Aruba 2930M 4 switch stack. I've recently added a JL081A to provide 10GbE connectivity for a workstation with an Intel X550T2BLK 10GbE card.

The JL081A module appears to install correctly, there is a solid green light on it and it is recognised on the web interface/SSH access whereby I can designate VLANS and name the ports. Unfortunately that is as far as I can get with it. I'm unable to get the hardware link up between the switch and workstation or a 10GbE connection on a Synology NAS. Unfortunately at this point I don't have any other 10GbE copper devices to test with.

IтАЩve tried the expansion module in 3 stack members тАУ same issue.

IтАЩve used different, new CAT6a patch leads.

IтАЩve used the same patch leads to directly patch the PC into the NAS and Windows instantly shows it as a 10GbE connection.

Aruba TAC sent out a replacement JL081A to rule out faulty hardware but it hasn't made any difference.

Is anybody able to suggest anything else I could try?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Start with providing few logs (port(s) status, port(s) configurations on both ends, output of show logging when you connect your NAS to one JL081A port, etc.)...help us to help you...to me, from what you wrote, potentially it looks like a Configuration issue, not necessarily an Hardware issue. Specify model of Synology NAS, DSM version, etc...and try to be as much detailed as you can...no hardware link up means Layer 1 (so physical) problem.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Georigy

Hello

I have stack 3810M (JL075+JL072) with installed JL085a (JL075 ports 1/A1-1/A4). Everything fine, but I'm not able to get the PoE active.
When i tried
core(config)# Power-over-ethernet pre-std-detect ports 1/A1-1/A4
PoE is not supported on ports 1/A1-1/A4
If i ...
core(config)# power-over-ethernet member 1
None of the specified stack members support PoE.

What`s wrong? Help me please