Aruba & ProVision-based
1757016 Members
2224 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion

5406zl slow-flashing fault and PoE, 4 status lights flash on one module, all on another

hospitalitguy

5406zl slow-flashing fault and PoE, 4 status lights flash on one module, all on another

Hey everyone.  Got a 5406zl in my DC that I'm thinking needs to be replaced.  I really want to get it replaced either way, but if this is indicating a serious failure then I'm more likely to get it.

The "Fault" LED and "PoE" LED on the front are slow-flashing, indicating (according to documentation) an internal fault of some kind.  If I switch status lights to PoE, the module in slot A has four that slow flash orange with the other two indicators.  It's a 24-port module and the ones that flash are the two center ports on each row.  One of them doesn't even have anything plugged into it.  The other module is a 20-port+2SFP+ module, and all the status lights flash orange on it.  

Ran a "show tech all" and dumped the output.  Ports 9-12 on module A have a "Detect Stat: Other Fault" indication.  Every port on module E shows the same.  Under "show tech instrumentation" I've got this:

CPU IP Errors/min 34 32 35 34 38
Slot CPU IP Errs/min 40 38 35 61 60

It ends with: === The command has completed with errors. ===

Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
HappyBiswa
Advisor

Re: 5406zl slow-flashing fault and PoE, 4 status lights flash on one module, all on another

Hi

Try upgrading the firmware to the latest , if that doesn't help , get it replaced .
Thank You

I am an HPE Employee