New Discussion юеВ

Connect switch 1920S to another 1920S

SOLVED
Go to solution
jopeme
Advisor

Connect switch 1920S to another 1920S

Hello.
We have a Switch (1) connected and working with several vlan's and port 24 connects to a firewall that is the one that manages the vlan's.
Now we have to connect another switch (2) that has other vlan's other than switch 1 and I want them to go to the internet the same as those of switch 1.
I think I should configure, as in the example, the 4 vlan on switch 1 on port 23 in tagged mode and on 24 also tagged.
On port 24 of switch 2. Am I correct? Do you have to configure something else on the port that connects both switches?

Thanks in advance.

Configuracion switeches HP en Moratalaz con vlanes.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: Connect switch 1920S to another 1920S

Hello,

Are you adding switch 1 as uplink for switch 2?

-----------

Firewall  |

-----------

|

|  (Port 23--Tagged)

switch 1 (port 23--Tagged) -- (Port 24 Tagged) Switch 2 

If the setup is similar like above then you need to pass other vlans on from switch 2 to switch 1 to Firewall.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
jopeme
Advisor

jopeme
Advisor

I don't quite understand what you mean when you talk about whether switch 1 is an uplink to switch 2. My english is quite poor.

Thanks in advance. 

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Is the connectivity like below?

Coonectivity.jpg

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
jopeme
Advisor

Yes. It is.

akg7
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

Then I believe you are passing other vlans from switch 2 to switch 1 to Firewall.

Rest looks fine.

Thanks!

jopeme
Advisor

It is the solution. It works fine.

Thanks a lot.