1745821 Members
3899 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Using DAT 24x6e autoloader with MPE/ix

Tim McDermott_2
Occasional Contributor

Using DAT 24x6e autoloader with MPE/ix

I have recently installed a surestore DAT 24x6e autoloader on our HP957 running MPE/ix. Using the STORE command, I can access a tape from the magazine if I select it manually using the buttons on the drive. How do I select a tape from the magazine programmatically? Do I need to use HP TurboStore/ix? Is there a manual available that can help?
3 REPLIES 3
CA646542

Re: Using DAT 24x6e autoloader with MPE/ix

Tim,

I am in the process of doing the same...can't get system to recognize tape. Can you lend some advice, please? I configured the drive SCSI ID as the path I configured in IOCONFIG.
CA646542

Okay...got through that on my own. I have successfully attached and configured. A bonus would be using the autoloader feature as Tim mentioned...without third party software.
Tim McDermott_2
Occasional Contributor

Scott, We have found the solution to our problem. We executed the following command:
DEVCTRL.MPEXL.TELESUP 4 EJECT=ENABLE
where 4 is the logical device # for the autoloader. Once eject has been enabled, it remains in effect until disabled using DEVCTRL. We can now load 6 tapes in the magazine and run 6 different backups, each writing to a different tape with no manual intervention.