BladeSystem - General
1756555 Members
2376 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Any configuration to get 2GB/sec TX and RX on teamed nic with VC 1/10GB?

JonathanT
Frequent Advisor

Any configuration to get 2GB/sec TX and RX on teamed nic with VC 1/10GB?

I'm working through the scenarios with the VC cookbook and I'm starting to wonder if there is any possible configuration to achieve 2GB/sec TX and RX on a teamed nic with Virtual Connect 1/10GB modules?

I get the impression that the traffic would come into a single VC module from the upstream and it wouldn't know to send some of it over to VC Bay 1:1 and the other part to VC Bay 2:1.
3 REPLIES 3
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Re: Any configuration to get 2GB/sec TX and RX on teamed nic with VC 1/10GB?

Well usually you need two different VC "networks" one connnected to one NIC and some external VC port(s) and one connected to the other NIC and different VC port(s).

Getting the OS to then use these two 1Gb ports fully is down to the OS and the teaming software.

Which OS you using?
Can you do LACP trunking?
Seen this?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01415139/c01415139.pdf
JonathanT
Frequent Advisor

Right now I'm working with Windows 2008 and the HP NCU. That white paper you suggested was informative, but it talks about most things in the context of external switches being configured. Is the reason you have to use two separate VC networks and drive the traffic out of the VC modules onto the external switch because the VC modules themselves can't handle the 802.3ad or SLB functionality that would be required to have active/active?
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

The best you can get with VC will be 2GB TX and 1GB RX, in order to get 2GB TX/RX you will need an interconnect capable of doing port agreggation on the Donwlink ports (Static or LACP). Unfortunately VC doesnt run LACP on the downlink ports, only on the external ports.

rgds,
Lmm