1757531 Members
2986 Online
108862 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blade Server is not Showing SAN Disk during Boot Startup Screen

faisal chaudry
Advisor

Blade Server is not Showing SAN Disk during Boot Startup Screen

Blade Server 490c G6 is assigned with storage chunk from SAN (HP Disk Array XP24000).

Server is not showing SAN Disk during boot startup screen messages. SmartStart is also not showing SAN Disk during Installation.

I have matched server profile with another server (which is booting from SAN successfully) found nothing wrong with it.

If I scan fibre devices from Qlogic Rom BIOS Utility, it identifies the fibre disk but when I try to verify SAN Disk, it gives following error.
SCSI Command Error
SCSI operating code : 00 SCSI sense key : 02 SCSI Additional Sense Code : 04 SCSI Additional Sense Code Qualifier : 00

Server firmware are updated with firmware DVD Version 9.0
SmartStart CD version is 8.50

Who can help to identify this issue?
4 REPLIES 4
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

And You have qlogic BIOS enabled ?
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
faisal chaudry
Advisor

Qlogic BIOS was enabled. Actually issue was with SmartStart. I boot the server directly with OS CD, Loaded HBA Drivers, Installed OS on SAN Disk, Server is booting from SAN now.
faisal chaudry
Advisor

Issue resolved
James.Ward

We have the same problem. We have tested both SmartStart 8.50 and 8.60. Both fail to indicate they detect the LUN. SmartStart 8.30 on the other hand does successfully detect it. We are running an EVA 6400 connectd to a C7000 with BL490C blades. We do not want to "work around" this. Our preference is to use the latest smartstart build our blades' boot operating systems just like we have in the past with 8.30. Please bring this bug to the attention of the SmartStart team so that it might be addressed in a future release.