BladeSystem - General
1748265 Members
4006 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C Class Blade setup to multiple networks with integrated switches

Ryan44

C Class Blade setup to multiple networks with integrated switches

I've read over the documents on how to setup the integrated GbE2c switch and kind find info on how to setup a Blade that has two NIcs so that those Two nics can be on two seperate networks. i.e on on an internal network and one on a DMZ. This is for an ESX host. I'm assuming there is someway to map the Nic card to a uplink port on the GbE2c but I can't find the docs or the place to configure that setup.
6 REPLIES 6
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

Re: C Class Blade setup to multiple networks with integrated switches

By default all ports belong to VLAN 1 so any uplink will take you to the NIC mapped to that switch, I├В┬┤m assuming this is a c700 so each NIC goes to a different interconnet, if both NICs (Internal and DMZ) goes to the same switch, you will need to create another VLAN.
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Best place to find answers to configuring Gbe switches is the manufactuer supported forum at http://www.bladeconnect.com/
Ryan44

So if I untag the interface on the switch that the nic is attached to then untag the uplink port will that attach those two ports so I can then plug it in to any network I want?
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Ryan:

On the GbE2's... you would need to:

1. Log into your management console for the LAN Switch.
2. Go to Layer 2
3. Go to Virtual LAN's
4. Add a new VLAN
5. Select the ports you want in the VLAN
6. Submit it.

Then you should be able to connect your external uplink and have your ESX vm's be able to access that network witout any other traffic hitting those ports.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Ryan44

Thanks for the reply. One last question. So would I still add the two switch ports into the newly created vlan even though the switch that I'm plugging the uplink port into isn't vlan'd? This switch is a DMZ switch with no vlans on it.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Yes.

You want to "separate" the traffic on the GbE2 switch, so that nothing else can access the "DMZ" on that switch, only the one port from the blade.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)