New Discussion

BL20p G4 ILO issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
raoul_schaffner
Collector

Re: BL20p G4 ILO issue

This looks very promising!

As I didn't have time to create a Boot Stick, i went with the FW CD 10.10 directly and managed to install ILO 2.09.

Sort of a Proof of Concept :-)

Meanwhile I created the Boot Stick, copied CP012567.scexe onto it, and could therefore install ILO 1.82!

Much joy around here!

You guys are officially invited to a beer when you come to Zurich, Switzerland. :-)

I have now a last question concerning this whole situation:

Is there an authoritative list of Firmware and ILO versions that are recommended to be installed on a particular blade?

If I look at the "Download drivers and software" list for BL20p G4, I see:

Firmware 2008.09.11

ILO 1.70B

FW CD 9.10C

If I run the FW CD 9.10C, I get:

Firmware 2007.06.04

ILO 1.82

There's an obvious mismatch concerning Firmware and ILO...

Cheers and thanks again,

Raoul.

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Re: BL20p G4 ILO issue

There isn't an official authoritative list of iLO2 versions for each particular system but, I would say that the Readme.txt file that we include with the Windows Online Flash component would be the best reference moving forward because, it comes directly for the iLO team and it is reviewed by a lot of people including myself.

So, If your platform isn't mentioned in the Readme.txt then, it means that the QA team did not qualify that firmware version on your platform. As of today, we are only listing G5 and G6 servers as supported platforms.

Beer sounds good. I will let you know next time the company sends me over to Switzerland. :-)