HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
BladeSystem Virtual Connect
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheat sheet for VC cables to switches

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Cheat sheet for VC cables to switches

Madhu needed some more info on DAC cables and what was what. I had sent him the info on cable interconnects and just needed some assurance.

***********************************************************************************************

In Chuck’s ppt slide 7, it appears that the DAC cable has all the transceivers built in already. 

HP 1m SFP+ 10GbE Copper Cable              487652-B21         LP $149

HP BladeSystem 10Gb SR SFP+  455883-B21 LP $1319

For VC Flex-10 or 10GbE pass thru modules if I order a  DAC cable such as the cable above, I do not need to order any transceivers such as the one above in addition to the cable? 

Is that correct?  The transceivers are $1319 LP and the DACs are only $149 and I was under the assumption that you needed both, am I wrong?

*************************************************************************************************************

Arnaud re-assured Madhu:

**********************************************************************************************************

Yes, this is the definition of a DAC cable ! It is a copper cable with tranceivers attached. Less expensive than separate elements, but distances can’t be very far. They are ideal for in-rack communications.

************************************************************************************************************

All in a day's work. Are you using DAC cables? Any issues?