BladeSystem - General
1756368 Members
3144 Online
108847 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cisco Nexus 4000 for C-Class Blade

rebert

Hi all, we`re planning to buy a HP C-Class Blade System. In our testenvirement we have a lot of problem with the VC-Flex10. The preformance of the web-gui is very slow. The CLI ist also very slow. On the Cisco page I saw the announcment for the Cisco Nexus 4000 Blade Switch. Does anybody know deatils about the shipping date for this switch ? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
chopper3
Frequent Advisor

Given the overall business and architectural clashes between what Cisco are trying to do with the N4K and HP are doing with VC I **REALLY** wouldn't hold your breath for any Nexus blade inters - seriously it'll never happen. Oh and I find VC painfully slow too.
John Bianchi

I would really like to get a nexus module for our enclosures. That combined with a 1000V on our ESX hosts and a 7000 Series at the core would be perfect. Unfortunately as stated, the Cisco/HP relationship appears to be destined to crumble.
stevebarry

John, Saying that the Cisco HP relationship is destined to crumble is a gross exaggeration. Rumors abound around the ending of Cisco blade switches or end of support for Cisco products and I can tell you that this is false. While a Nexus 4000 switch has not been announced, HP continues and will continue to sell and support the current product line of Catalyst 3020 and 3120 switches.
John Bianchi

I look forward to my expectations being proven wrong.