BladeSystem - General
1755124 Members
3284 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion

Need help with a couple of VC FlexFabric Modules that are Locked Up!

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Need help with a couple of VC FlexFabric Modules that are Locked Up!

Reginald was looking to help a customer:

We have an enclosure were the firmware was being upgraded and the VC modules for the VCM is pointing to each other. How can we regain control of these modules? Even if I power off one of the modules the active module says that the VCM is not here. There will be someone onsite tomorrow in the datacenter to physically remove the interconnects. When that happens, I’ll take the working module in Bay #2  and put it in Bay #1. Is it possible to downgrade the VC firmware on the module? I was looking at the documentation command line and didn’t see a clear option other than the “force” command.

Help from Steve:

Yes, you can use VCSU to downgrade a module, using the –f version switch.  Use the following command line;

Vcsu –a update –i 192.168.1.1 –u Administrator –p Password –vcu Administrator –vcp Password –l c:\vcsu\vcfwall360.bin –f version –q

Now, if you have full control over the enclosure (which it sounds that you do) then use the –oe parallel (for Ethernet and FF) and –of parallel (for VC-FC) to reboot ALL modules in parallel.  I like this much better then manual, when I can take a full outage.  Can take a 45 min. upgrade down to 10-12 minutes.

Vcsu –a update –I 192.168.1.1 –u Administrator –p Password –vcu Administrator –vcp Password –l c:\vcsu\vcfwall360.bin –f version –q –oe parallel –or parallel

In the meantime, any indication from OA firmware what level the modules are currently at?  Why do you want to downgrade?

Any other help for Reginald?