1747985 Members
4649 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CLI for MAC Authentication

ID-10-T
Occasional Contributor

CLI for MAC Authentication

I am setting up MAC Authentication (Local)on a 3Com Switch 4500 50-Port.

I found how to use the Web Interface, but it is time consuming. lots of cut and paste and accepts..one at a time..

I could not find how to do it thru the CLI. I would love to create a script and load with a script...

Hope this makes sense.

I tried to edit the cfg file and add the additional entries, I duplicated how the web interface changed the config file

But... after loading the cfg file. The entries I created only appeared under the "802.1x>user management" and not the "MAC Authentication>user management".

4 REPLIES 4
Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Hi.

Do you want to configure port security or 802.1X authentication based on MAC Address?

If you want to setup port security, use this template:

<4500> system-view

port-security enable

interface giga 1/0/N

port-security max-mac-count ===> If you want just one MAC authenticated, use the number 1 to specify that just one MAC can be authenticated.

port-security port-mode autolearn

port-security intrusion-mode disableport-temporarily ====> In this case, the feature disables the port using the time-value defined in the next step.

port-security timer disableport

Regards.

This message was edited by Fred_Mancen on 10-8-09 @ 2:42 PM
Regards,
Fred Mancen
ID-10-T
Occasional Contributor

Port Security based on MAC address.

Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

I just updated my previous answer...

Regards.

This message was edited by Fred_Mancen on 10-8-09 @ 2:46 PM
Regards,
Fred Mancen
ID-10-T
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response.

Yes I was aware about the autolearn...and that does work... but... I have several systems that can be offline for weeks and they are located all over the building.

I was hoping to shorten the learning process by entering them. I have a MAC list in excel (DHCP dump). I was just going to write a script load them thru the CLI... but I couldnt find much help (other than how to enable and then set time out parameters).