Operating System - HP-UX
1757227 Members
3251 Online
108859 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 715/100 Setting it up

Americo Lopez

715/100 Setting it up

I just was handed an older workstation I have got it to boot and have even managed to get myself root access, However I have NO manuals for it and I am pretty sure that there is some sort of gui in here somewhere I would like to know where I can get an FAQ or some manuals to download or even a newer version of the OS with all the bells and whistles to get this up. Any resouces would be appreciated. I am just learning UNIX and but I like what I have seen so far.
Yeah, Im learning too`
3 REPLIES 3
MANOJ SRIVASTAVA
Honored Contributor

Hi

Unix is somewhat standard except for the GUI part of it , the best place to get 90% of the answers is forums itself , go to the main www.hp.com and search for 715 and I got like 315 hits most of the pointing out to various problem being faced in forums , which should definately help you .Also please work with older version of OS if you have a contraint as newre version would definately take up more space and resources in terms of RAM and disk space.

Manoj Srivastava
paul courry
Honored Contributor

The part # for the 715/100 Owner's guide is A2084-90629.

If you will post your email address I will post you chapter 2 "getting started using HP VUE" which is HP's GUI for this machine.
Americo Lopez

Email americo@mailandnews.com
Yeah, Im learning too`