5061 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to verify whether AUTOSYS is installed on the UNIX Box

Suman_7
Frequent Advisor

How to verify whether AUTOSYS is installed on the UNIX Box

All,

How can I verify whether Autosys is installed on the HP UX box and what version is installed?

Thank You,

Suman Kumar
4 REPLIES 4
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

There are few ways.
ps -ef | grep autosys (processes running under the autosys user)
Ps -ef | grep event (This is the autosys event daemon, autosys will not be running without it)

Find the actual executables, depending on the installation they could be anywhere. These will be in a directory called /something/autosys/bin
The existence of a /etc/auto.profile file
Running 'autosc' will give you the year of the product. We have 4.5 which is 2003. You most likely have version 4
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Suman_7
Frequent Advisor

Thank You for yoru reply. I can see the process is running.

We have 3 environments in one BOX. I requested to install Autosys on the development env. How can I make sure that this installed for the development env.?

Thank You,
Suman
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

The event daemon will tell you what the autosys database is. The default is "ACE", but I use "PRD" for ours. We have an oracle database that is called "AUTOSYS" that runs also. I cannot however tell you if yours is production or development given I don't know your site. What are you intending to use the package for ? As an example We use ours as a plug in for Peoplesoft.
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Gary L. Paveza, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

One thing. Looking at the process tree will only work if you are looking for the Autosys server. If you're looking to see if the agent autosys is running on your system (under the control of another server), you should be looking for the process auto_remote. The easiest way is to search your filesystems for auto_remote (default location is /usr/local/bin). Also, /etc/services will have a line similiar to the following:

auto_remote 5280/tcp