New Discussion юеВ

rp7410 backplane

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ashraf_1
Frequent Advisor

rp7410 backplane

Hi all,

I have rp7410 server with two partitions (one for database and one for application) and they need to communicate with each other internally (back-to-back). Then, I was told that the server cells are able to communicate with each other through very high speed backplane that is only connected between them. I am not really sure if this is true, and if it is how do I configure each cell with an IP address that will be in charge of connecting them through this backplane without going to the lan. For example if I have cell 1 with 192.168.1.3 and cell 2 to have 192.168.1.4 while users network are 10.0.0.0. how do I do that├в ┬ж

Appreciate all valuable responses.
Regards,
Ashr
ASHRAFM
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Sharma_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: rp7410 backplane

I don't thik it is possible.
when you have 2 partition it is just like you have 2 servers and they can communicate with each other only through LAN.

If both cell are in same partition they can talk to each other thriugh backplane

Sunil
*** Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today ***
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

This is not possible.
You will need to have a network connection between the two servers, as this is to all intents and purposes what you have, two separate individual servers.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Ashraf_1
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for all responses,

i will connect both cells ethernet cards using crossed cables back-to-back.

Regards,
Ashraf
ASHRAFM
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

If money is no object, then HyperFabric 2, may give you better performance. One HyperFabric card to each partition and a HyperFabric switch. HyperFabric can use a light weight protocol to reduce latency. Even if you could go directly from one cell to the other when they were set up as separate partitions, if you did it via TCP/IP, the overhead of going through the TCP/IP stack would greatly reduce the benefits of the faster link.

You could also add a GigE card to each partition that you would dedicate for this purpose, as a less expensive alternative to HyperFabric. Yes, TCP/IP still has the overhead issue, and impacts latency and bandwidth even for GigE.
Mom 6