1754274 Members
3268 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

Adding a new drive

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Adding a new drive

I have a Proliant 2500/200Mhz with a Smart2-dh array controller in it. I currently have 3 4Gb drives in a RAID-5 array. I have added a new 18Gb drive to the system that I want to run separate from the array. However after adding the drive and re booting, I do not see the new drive in TN Disk administrator or in Insight Manager. I am wondering, is this drive to new / large for this controller? or is there another logical explanation.
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Adding a new drive

Is this drive hot pluggable or non-hot pluggable? If the drive is hot pluggable, you will have to access the ACU and configure the drive as another Array using Raid-0 and create its logical. If the drive is non-hot pluggable and installed in the removable media bay attached to the embedded ctlr, the drive should ID on POST and then the access of SCU thru F10 to identify that SCU recognizes the hard drive. If the drive on the embedded cannot be idenitfied on POST udate system ROM to the lattest for your Proliant 2500. If POST sees the drive and SCU does not recognize the drive, update and use the lattest SCU from SS 4.90 or download from the web www.compaq.com/support/files/allsp.html -sp14381.exe