108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EMC disk arrays and HP-UX commands?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mott Given
Frequent Advisor

EMC disk arrays and HP-UX commands?

Are there any HP-UX commands that can be used to determine the total disk space for EMC DMX disk arrays and the type of RAID used by the EMC array? Does the bdf command take the kind of RAID used into account when displaying its output? I am looking for some commands that I can run as a non-root user as our sysadmins are too busy to obtain the data I want by other means, eg. running a print_manifest.
2 REPLIES 2
James A. Donovan
Honored Contributor
Solution

EMC uses its own set of utilities for configuring/managing their disk arrays.

Check your system under /usr/symcli/bin. This is typically where the command line utilities are installed. But unless you have been given root access (or sudo access to these commands) it's unlikely you'd be able to use many (or any) of them.

You can run /usr/sbin/ioscan -funC disk to see the number of EMC disks you have available. But you will not be able to determine their size.
Remember, wherever you go, there you are...
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

As stated by Jim, EMC have their own suite of tools, commonly called 'symcli' commands (symmetrix command line). There is a generic utility called 'syminq' which should provide most of the information. Your 'sysadmin' should be able to provide this for you.
Anyone for a Mutiny ?