1754077 Members
3165 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Raid Recovery

Asim_8
Contributor

Raid Recovery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
We have SW4314(146x10 GB Hard disks) installed with ML370G3 via smart array 642 and OS was windows 2003 server.Hardware base RAID 5 was configured.recently we had one hard drive failure in this storage and RAID was in interim recovery mode.we replaced the faulty drive with the new one but the hard drive LED remained in RED status.2 72 GB hard drives were also connected with this 642 internal port and were in RAID1 configuration.we had to reinstall OS and now windows 2000 advance server with service pack4 is installed on the local storage RAID1 disk.Now after installing the new OS we are unable to retrieve the old data that was residing on the storage works 4314.The hardware based RAID configuration is intact if we check via RAID configuration utility at POST level.But this hardware based raid is not accessible at the OS level.Although this disk is shown at the disk management menu but is reported as unallocated space.
Now we need your support in recovering this RAID configuration
Plz reply urgently .
Thanx

Asim Rana
1 REPLY 1
Meirion Beachamp

Re: Raid Recovery

I had a similar problem, if the data is important I would send it to a reputed data recovery company such as Unirecovery that I have tried twice before on www.unirecovery.com
Be aware of certain companies who would charge you thousands for 3 days work.
Also avoid those who attempt to recover your data in a small garage