1754281 Members
2820 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SA-431 Raid & NT Max Boot partition

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

SA-431 Raid & NT Max Boot partition

HELP ME!! Loading Smart Start 4.90, Manual install as you can select TS4 from the list, go through remove Smartstart for an NT TS4 Cd boot, checks hardware, Where's my RAID controller gone, NT does not know of this, Smart Start does not have the driver on it that works, Compaq said they would fix this in version 4.90, do you know where i can find the driver for an SA-431 Ultra3 (single Channel) uummmppp!
Also i've set up the controller as a RAID 5 stripe set and created a logical drive useing 63 Sectors for a Max Boot of 7.8Gb in NT, as the TS4 is going to a main Application relay for clients. Is this right for a Max Boot partition? if not tell me the way of the Jedi??? how's you doing it that works, please not Smart Start Scripting solutions, don't have time to learn it just yet!!!

Have you had this, do you know how much pain i'm in can you help?

Shoot me, shoot me now!!!!
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: SA-431 Raid & NT Max Boot partition

1) Run SmartStart cd and choose option to create support software
choose option to create server support software for NT 4.0
make diskettes 2) scsi/array drivers and 4) nic drivers
2) Create the 3 NT install diskettes (if you boot from CD you need to hit f6 about evey 2 sec. when NT cd starts to load)
3) At the window that mentions mass storage detection, select S to skip mass storage detection.
4) At the next window, select S to specify mass storage device.
5) At the next window, select Other
6) Insert SSD diskette with scsi subdirectory ; (disk 2 currently)
7) Select "Compaq Integrated Smart Array Controllers" for 3200 controller or Select "Compaq Integrated Smart Array\42xx Controllers" for 431/integrated/4200
8) At the next window, select S to specify more mass storage devices
9) Select "Compaq 32 bit scsi controllers"
8) At the next window, select S to specify more mass storage devices
9) At the next window, hit the UP arrow and select IDE CD-ROM
10) Continue hitting S to specify mass storage devices until all scsi and array drivers are recognized
When you get to networking portion DO NOT CHOOSE DETECT CHOOSE SPECIFY put in disk 4
11) Proceed with rest of NT installation
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: SA-431 Raid & NT Max Boot partition

Thanks OrionQuest .....