Advisor

ISEE/OSEM/WEBES - Tests work but no notification for real EVA hardware problem

Here is what I am running:

- EVA 6100 on latest firmware
- Command View 7.0
- ISEE 4.0
- WEBES 4.5.1
- OSEM 1.4.4

Everything appears to be working correctly. Running 'wseatest' opens an incident inside ISEE that is closed by HP. When I look at the 'managedentities' section in WEBES, I can see both my Command View server and the EVA itself. I have already put the authentication information in. The entitlement for both the Command View server and the EVA were verified and closed. OSEM test alerts are also sent to ISEE.

However, nothing happens when there is a genuine hardware problem with the EVA. I do see the event logged in the Application Log on the Command View server, but it never makes it into ISEE. I have searched through the forums and manuals, but nothing I do is working.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
1 REPLY 1
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

Re: ISEE/OSEM/WEBES - Tests work but no notification for real EVA hardware problem

I had a similar problem. HP ensured me that if the 'wsea test' command puts an event into isee then there is no way that an event in the windows application log would not find its way to isee.

That said, they sent me the following steps to fix-up any issues that I might have had.

let me know if they work for you.

-stop desta with DOS>net stop desta_service
-stop wccproxy with DOS>net stop wccproxy
-run â ¦C:\program files\hewlett-packard\svctools\common\share\WebesJavaKill.exe
-Disable fps creation, from the command line enter: DOS>wccproxy fpsoff
-Reset the automatic analysis database:
DOS>desta exec com.compaq.svctools.ca.services.database.resetAll
-Save and clear the Windows application event file.
-Use Task Manager to verify all WCCproxy, WCCAgents, and CAAgents processes are stopped
(if not may need to reboot)
-Restart desta with DOS>net start desta_service
-Start the SEA WUI
-After 4 minutes generate an SEATEST event using the command: DOS>wsea test
This should produce a SEATEST report in the WUI.