Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartarray 641 BBWC Battery Charge Time?

Chad Kasper
Occasional Advisor

Smartarray 641 BBWC Battery Charge Time?

I just installed some 128Mb BBWC into 4 641 raid cards in my Proliant ML350s. How long does it take the battery to fully charge? I can't not find that information anywhere. I figured about 2 or 3 hours, but it is longer. I wanted to enable WBC before tomorrows work day.

Thanks,
Chad
3 REPLIES
Chad Kasper
Occasional Advisor

Re: Smartarray 641 BBWC Battery Charge Time?

Oh, I did upgrade the firmware on the 641 to 2.34 tonight, AFTER installing the BBWC. The message I keep getting is that the battery is failed and/or charging and WWBC cannot be initialized until the battery is fully charged. It would be cool if the manager utility could give a percentage or ETA till full charge.

Thanks,
Chad
Chad Kasper
Occasional Advisor

N/M. It looks like about 4 1/2 hours. I'm configuring them now.

Thank you,
Chad
Chad Kasper
Occasional Advisor

After 4 1/2 hours the warning message dissapeared in the array configuration utility and I could enable array acceleration.

Thanks,
Chad