1755792 Members
4467 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA1510i 2.xx Firmware

Lyndon Frei
Advisor

MSA1510i 2.xx Firmware

Last Summer when the 2.00 active/active Firmware was released for the MSA1510i I trashed 3 controllers until the firmware was taken offline again. I've been waiting for a re-release ever since.

Now I seem to find the release notes for a 2.02 firmware on the hp site (http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01682508/c01682508.pdf) that states the POST problems are solved... but the firmware itself is nowhere to be found!?

anybody with more luck finding the firmware?

TIA
3 REPLIES 3
TPowers

Re: MSA1510i 2.xx Firmware

I'm guessing since you posted this question more then 3 months ago you have found this by now in case you did not here it is:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3211279&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3365335&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005

I have a question for you, did you upgrade your MSA1510i to 2.02 active/active configuration? is it working well for you? if so could you post show tech_support from your configuration?
we have some stability issues and do not know if this is due to configuration or hardware?

TIA
Johnny von Heimerall
Frequent Advisor

TIA,

Do you have a thread open for your issue?
I know of several sites that has 2.02 up and running perfectly.

Cheers,
Johnny
Lyndon Frei
Advisor

Hi

Actually I upgraded with the 2.00 Firmware that was taken back. But I still had the image from the first test when trashing my controllers.

But I couldn't wait so long for the re-release since the backplane on my MSA1510i shelfs failed 3 times on my productive systems within 2 years and HP Support blamed it on the initial shipping firmware and that I should upgrade to version 1.32.

So I went on an tested the upgrade once more on two test/spare controllers I had and that went well enough. I don't know why the upgrade suddenly worked fine this time, but it seems I just had luck. Since HP stated only the POST at initial boot after an upgrade could bare problems but else the firmware was good, I went on upgrading my live systems which worked flawlessly too.

Now my Windows Server 2003 R2 Servers connected to the MSA1510i solely via MSiSCSI initiator 2.08 have been running fine 5 months in active/active configuration with Round Robin.