Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for Suse Linux Enterprise 9 for smartarray 5i

Maricarmen Miranda
Occasional Contributor

Driver for Suse Linux Enterprise 9 for smartarray 5i

Somebody know if is supported a smartarray controller 5i on a system with Suse Linux Enterprise 9.

We only found a driver for smart controller 6i but no for 5i.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/download/22534.html

Proliant dl380 g3

2 REPLIES
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

Re: Driver for Suse Linux Enterprise 9 for smartarray 5i

As far as I understood it, the 'cciss' driver is fully backwards compatable, so the driver should work fine for the 5i controller.

Infact, if you read a bit closer, it has this sentance:

This RPM is used to provide binary driver modules that ave been pre-built for SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (x86/AMD32) to enable ProLiant Smart Array SAS/SATA, 6x and 5x Series controllers. This RPM provides a customer friendly approach to install a pre-built binary driver.

In any case, for a load-up, this isn't the link you want. You want:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22532.html

This is the driver-diskette, not the after-install drivers (designed for adding to an existing system, not for a system buildup).
One long-haired git at your service...
Maricarmen Miranda
Occasional Contributor

Re: Driver for Suse Linux Enterprise 9 for smartarray 5i

we will tried with the driver.

Best Regards.