Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Pavillion ze2000 drops net connection

Ted Frazier
Occasional Contributor

HP Pavillion ze2000 drops net connection

I can't keep my Pavillion online except at home with my primary connection. If I try to connect wireless or through an ethernet cable I'll get the connection and it will periodically drop me.

I can connect via WIFI sometimes at cafes and the like but I set up a router at home and it identifies the network but won't connect at all. (It's not a WEP issue, I have no security set up). I have a different wifi router that I can connect to. That's the only connection I am able to get and maintain. IT's very frustratioin
1 REPLY
Alexander Rajula
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP Pavillion ze2000 drops net connection

Hi!
I know what you are experiencing.
What kernel are you running?
In either way, give Grub the kernel-option "noapic" when booting. You can edit the Grub configuration file which is located at /boot/grub/menu.list (or grub.conf).
On the line which states "kernel" followed by the kernel path, try adding noapic after that.

For example:
kernel /boot/vmlinuz noapic

Hope that solved it.