1757034 Members
2342 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Help on "swinstall" command...

Purusa
Frequent Advisor

Help on "swinstall" command...

I am running the command given below to install collectively a number of patches.

/usr/sbin/swinstall -x autoreboot=true -x patch_match_target=true -x enforce_dependencies=false -s

The problem is as follows:
Lets say there are 10 patches in my . Out of these 10 I want to install only 6 patches. So I specify only 6 Patch IDs in . But as a result of this command all the 10 patches get installed. How should I modify the command in order to install only the patches specified in the and not all the patches contained in the Depot???

Thanx in advance for your help.
A deep chasm can't be crossed in two steps
3 REPLIES 3
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Re: Help on "swinstall" command...

Hi,
Use the GUI version of swinstall, it is much more easy to use if you want to select/deselect part of a bundle or need to chande default options.
Purusa
Frequent Advisor

Hi Leif,

Thanx for the response.
But I cannot go in for that option as I have to give the software in a CD whereby customer will be installing it by running the script. The script has the above mentioned command in it.

Regards,
Pankaj
A deep chasm can't be crossed in two steps
Colin Topliss
Esteemed Contributor

It may be as a result of what you are parsing in your list of patches. It would help if you posted that too.

You could try taking a look at using the -f option:

-f software_file
Read the list of software_selections from software_file instead of (or in addition to) the command line.

Modify your script (if you can) to create the file before you call swinstall. Change your call to swinstall to reference the file.

Regards

Col.