4355 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to connect database of informix server by Informix Client SDK

Asics
Occasional Advisor

How to connect database of informix server by Informix Client SDK

Dear all:
I had installed Informix Client SDK to my HP workstation with HPUX 11.00.
How to connect database of informix server by Client SDK ?
Assume fllow condition:
database = mydata
server = servertest
id = aaaaaa
passwd = bbbbbb
port = 20001
servicename = servertest
hostname = sqlexec
table_name = mytable

Please tell me,how to do it,thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Keith Bevan_1
Trusted Contributor

Asics,

I have performed ISDK for Windows but not HPUX. However the principal should be very similar. Below are some details on what I needed to do that may help :-
________

The service name needs to be the name of the daemon service sqlexecd on the server. This daemon needs to be configured in the file $informixdir/etc/sqlhosts :-

local_se seipcpip hostname sqlexec
inet_se sesoctcp hostsname sqlexecd

I used the sesoctcp socket addressing as I was connecting to a SE database using tcp.

The service entry for the tcp/ip port connection must be in the /etc/services file :-

sqlexec 20002/tcp
sqlexecd 20001/tcp

The hostname needs to be the host name or tcp/ip address of your HPUX 11.00 server.

Finally the daemon needs to be started on the server by typing :-

/usr/informix/lib/sqlexecd inet_se

Hope this helps.

If all else fails you could look at some online publications from IBM that will help with installation/configuration :-

http://www.elink.ibmlink.ibm.com/public/applications/publications/cgibin/pbi.cgi?CTY=TW

Keith
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem
Victor Fridyev
Honored Contributor

Hi,

1. Look at the file called $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts on the DB server and copy the string, which decribes tcp connection (onsoctcp or sesoctcp) to your client. Ensure that the service (the last field in the string) on the client is resolved exactly as on the server (check /etc/services or NIS on both machines). If you can temporarily install Informix server SW on the client machine as well, it may help you to check the configuration. In this case you can use dbaccess for the test. After you are sure that everything is configured properly, uninstall the server SW.
BTW, if you don't want to have problems with passwording, insert the hostname of your client into /etc/hosts.equiv on the DB server and close login for unneeded users in /etc/profile.

Good luck
Entities are not to be multiplied beyond necessity - RTFM