New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to export Oracle Data

SOLVED
Go to solution
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi,

AS every one suggested, you can write the SQL to extract the data in the format you want and spool the out put to a file.

OR

Download a free version of TOAD from http://www.toadsoft.com and the executable is just 3.5MB. Once you downloaded all you need to access the database is an entry in the tnsnames.ora in ORACLE_HOME directory on your PC and connect tot he database. The export function in TOAD has a facility to save the exported data of the table in various formats (excel, txt, dmp...)files. So if your table is large, TOAD will be the best option for you.
Never give up, Keep Trying
Stefan Schulz
Honored Contributor

Hi,

i can think of two ways. The first is like others stated a SQL querry. You could set the Colum serperator to ";" like this:

spool
set head off
set feed off
set linesize 500
set pagesize 10000
set COLSEP ';'
select ......
spool off

Something like this should work. Also you could have a look at Reports6i which is a free Report genereator vor Oracle 8i and up. (But its a ~260MB download)

I havn??t had a deep look into it but i assume it can output its reports in a ascii/csv file.

But keep in mind that Excel is not reconmendet for really large tables. AFAIK there is a limitation to max. 64000 lines per table.

Hope this helps

Regards Stefan
No Mouse found. System halted. Press Mousebutton to continue.
Jean-Luc Oudart
Honored Contributor

Hi
I suppose you can refer to my answer in another thread.

the script is to generate the conttrol file and the SQL to generate the data file to be uploaded to an Oracle table with SQLloader.

I think you can use the mecanism if you want to upload the data into a spreadsheet or MS Access, I suppose you have a very good reason to do so.

Rgds,
Jean-Luc

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xd4e2a848deccd61190050090279cd0f9,00.html

fiat lux