Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Schema

Prabhu_7
Frequent Advisor

Move Schema

Hi,

I have schema called BSA in DATABASE1 in SERVER1.

Now i need to move / mirror (with data)the entire schema to DATABASE1 in SERVER2.

Which would be the best method to do this ?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES
Jean-Luc Oudart
Honored Contributor

Re: Move Schema

Is this Oracle ?

to copy a schema with data you can use :
"export" from db1/server1
copy dmp file to server2 (ftp, ...)
"import" into db1/server2

specify OWNER=BSA in the parameter file (or command line)

Regards,
Jean-Luc
fiat lux
Prabhu_7
Frequent Advisor

Sorry. Yes this is oracle 8.1.7

Export is the best method ?
some says DBLink should also work but need to create objects manually.

Thanks anyway. i go for export and import.

Prabhu_7
Frequent Advisor

Hi..

I have moved the whole schema from server1 to server 2.

I checked num of tables and count of records in each table and found expect for you rest all got right counts.

Now , how do i check whether all constraints and other objects have moved properly.
Is there any quick way to double check this ?

What else need to be done to make sure we have the exact replica of the schema in server2 ???

Thanks
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

Exp and imp have a option LOG where you can specify logfile that receive informational/error messages.

This logfile can be used for comparison.

sks
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.