Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSError: Unsatisfied data symbol when I try to connect to Teradata using Teradata python module

dennyd
Occasional Visitor

OSError: Unsatisfied data symbol when I try to connect to Teradata using Teradata python module

Hello!

I have installed python 2.7 and teradata python module on hp-ux 11.31 .

When I try to run test app, i get the following error:

"OSError Unsatisfied data symbol '_ZTVN10_cxxabiv120_si_class_type_infoE' in load module '/usr/lib/hpux32/libodbc.so' 

I work with teradata on this system using bteq fine and I work with teradata on my Win32 system using teradata python module .

How can I fix this problem ?

1 REPLY
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: OSError: Unsatisfied data symbol when I try to connect to Teradata using Teradata python module

Did you leave out two extra "_" in your symbol?  virtual table of __cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info

_ZTVN10__cxxabiv120__si_class_type_infoE is defined in /usr/lib/hpux32/libCsup.so.1.

What does "ldd /usr/lib/hpux32/libodbc.so" show?  It needs to be linked against libCsup.  Or your python module needs to have that as a shlib dependency if it wants to load aC++ shlibs.