Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenBSD Linux mail forwarding

OpenBSD Linux mail forwarding

I have a Linux SMTP Server on the local network. Recently I have put up an OpenBSD firwall server to relay mails to the internet.

The problem that I am facing is that my inbound mails are coming well but my outbound mails are not being forwarded. I have tried various setting in the /etc/ipnat.rules file but it does not seem to work.

Since I am new to this I am in the dark. I thought there might be some configurations that I might have to do in sendmail since it is used top forward mails. I installed Openbsd OS and configured the settings in the .rules files based on the Openbsd firewall HOWTO by Derek J Hunt.

http://uberh4x0r.org/download/derek/OpenBSD-Firewall.pdf .

I need to know where I am wrong and how do I configure the firewall machine to relay mails.

thankx trent