Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perl DBI Module

Wilfred Chau_1
Respected Contributor

Perl DBI Module

Hi all
I have this config, and would like to install perl DBI and DBD Oracle. Is there any special flag I need to supply to perl Makefile.PL?

It failed when this error message.

Running Mkbootstrap for DBI ()
chmod 644 DBI.bs
rm -f blib/arch/auto/DBI/DBI.sl
LD_RUN_PATH="" ld -b -L/usr/local/lib DBI.o -o blib/arch/auto/DBI/DBI.sl
ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file (DBI.o) was detected. The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x system.
ld: Invalid loader fixup in text space needed in output file for symbol "$000001B8" in input file "DBI.o"
*** Error exit code 1

perl: came with OS version 5.6.1
cc: HP Ansi/C
3 REPLIES
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Re: Perl DBI Module

Hi

Look at

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xb3bd4e49c5cdd5118ff40090279cd0f9,00.html

Make sure you have

hp-ux_patches/s700_800/11.X/PHSS_26263
hp-ux_patches/s700_800/11.X/PHSS_26264

On your box

steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

Do you care to try my 5.8.0 port that comes with precompiled DBI-1.30 and is prepared to run DBD::Oracle?

FWIW, the perl-5.6.1 that is shipped with HP-UX does *NOT* support DBD::Oracle. All newer releases available from the porting certer however *do*.

Please visit https://www.beepz.com/personal/merijn for more info and complete downloads (including gcc-3.2 with which perl was compiled)

As a note aside for all other forumers, I did some benchmarks lately, which proved that HP C-ANSI-C compiled perl-5.8.0 is between 8 and 26% faster than gcc compiled perl's!

So *IF* you have HP's ANSI C compiler, consider either a build of yourself or wait for me putting a HPc build on beepz :) Anyone wants that?
Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn

Acura, I would love to see a 64 bit gcc build
of Perl 5.6.1 or 5.8.1 on HPUX 11.11
( i have loads of problems doing that at
the moment)