Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RHEL5 refresh unionfs mount

DavidJ
Regular Advisor

RHEL5 refresh unionfs mount

Gurus Good day,

I have setup a "unionfs mount" on one of my Linux systems, RHEL5, and would like to know how I can 'refresh' the mount point.

As an example I have deleted a file on the unionfs mount, unmounted it and remounted it, the file I removed still 'appears to be deleted, even though I can see it in the actual directory.

How can I  force a refresh of the unionfs mount?

Below is the script I used to unmount and remount, I have tried to mount -t unionfs ........ (as in the script, with a remount option but get the error below

fuse: unknown option `remount'
FATAL: unionfs mount failed!

#!/bin/bash

# Manage local unionfs mounts
MOUNTPOINT="$HOME/local"
DEFAULTBASE="/code/dev"
DEFAULTOVERLAY="$HOME/adminsys"

function die() {
        echo "FATAL: $@"
        exit 1
}

while getopts "b:o:u" OPT ; do
        case "$OPT" in
        "b") BASE="$OPTARG";;
        "o") OVERLAY="$OPTARG";;
        "u") UNDO=1;;
        esac
done

BASE=${BASE:-$DEFAULTBASE}
OVERLAY=${OVERLAY:-$DEFAULTOVERLAY}

fusermount -u "$MOUNTPOINT"
echo "Unmounting file system, please wait............................"
sleep 10

if mount | grep -q "$MOUNTPOINT"; then
        #Mounted
        :
else
        # Not Mounted
         unionfs -o cow,uid=$(id -u),gid=$(id -g),umask=022,allow_other "$OVERLAY=RW:$BASE=RO" "$MOUNTPOINT" || die "unionfs mount failed!"
fi
~

Any ideas.................

Regards

David

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.