2238 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Remote Printer not printing in landscape

Andre Franklin
Advisor

Remote Printer not printing in landscape

Hello All,

I have an RX2660 running HP-UX 11iv3 64bit. This server is connected to Ricoh Aficio 3035 in one of our remote locations. I have a script designed to print to 11x17 paper, landscape using the -o option for each setting.

While the jobs are printing in landscape mode, they are not printing on 11x17 paper from this printer.

The correct paper is loaded, but I am still having difficulty getting the jobs to print out in the desired format. Not sure if I need to download a model script or not and could really use some assistance in troubleshooting this problem.

Thanks

Andre Franklin
2 REPLIES 2
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Re: Remote Printer not printing in landscape

If Ricoh has a unix model script then go that route.. it will probably be one for Linux but it should work.

printer drivers on unix are nothing more than shell scripts that parse the options into escape sequences for the printer.

typically paper size is controlled by the source. upper bin, lower bin, ledger, legal etc...

if you look though your current driver you can see if it supports those options.

assuming this is a network connected printer most likely useing hp jetdirect printer installer for unix.

cd /etc/lp/interface/model.orig
grep -i tray NAME_OF_PRINTER

if no tray options are returned then try a different driver file like /usr/lib/lp/model/laserjet_something

simply copy it to /etc/lp/interface/model.orig/NAME_OF_PRINTER

disable and re-enable printer if neccessary.
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Re: Remote Printer not printing in landscape