4100 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SAN failover in RHEL4 with QLogic cards

Jesper Frank Nemholt
Occasional Contributor

SAN failover in RHEL4 with QLogic cards

Hi!

I was testing Clariion CX600 devices today, and in the default configuration I could see my 2 disks as 4 due to the redundant paths, and accessing them via 1 path worked fine, so with single-path everything seems fine.

After testing that, I then enabled the failover feature in the QLogic driver (using the "set_parm -x" script that comes with the HP driver), however after rebooting I now see no disks but just the 2 HBAs (QLogic 2340) and get a truckload of I/O errors in the syslog.

Any hints regarding this ?
I'd like to see /etc/modprobe.conf from someone having a setup that works, as I think my modprobe.conf could be the cause of the problems.
3 REPLIES 3
David Child_1
Honored Contributor

Re: SAN failover in RHEL4 with QLogic cards

Jesper,

I went to check on EMCs web site, but I seem to be having problems with my account; did you verify that this card is certified to work with the CX600 (and switches/directors you are using)?

Also, there may be some config changes you need to make to get it to work with the failover settings you are assigning.

David
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Attached is a document from HP concerning the QLogic and Linux and various arrays. Note not all arrays are supported.

I haven't read in-depth, hope it is useful.

Jesper Frank Nemholt
Occasional Contributor

Hi!

Thanks for the doc. It just confirms what I suspected....that the HP version of the QLogic driver is made to support multipath failover only with HP storage, so no-go for EMC storage.

The EMC supported drivers leaves much to wish for, so they're not much better.

I'll just give it a last go with the QLogic stock drivers.