1756081 Members
3713 Online
108841 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Single task tools

Adrian_72
Advisor

Single task tools

Do you know if is posible generate the singletask commands to export an import tools for oracle 9.2.0.2 on HP-UX 11.11 ?

What is the procedure?

3 REPLIES 3
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Adrian,

You can do the export and import of tables or the complete schema or full database through a script.

Atttached is the script that does a simple export from a target database and then importes into the target database.

you can export only tables by specifying tables=owner.table_name in the exp parameters list, or for a complete schema export specify owner=schema_name or for full database specify full=y.

And likewise in the import parameters list specify the same for table specify table=table_name (you do not qualify the owner with the table_name as you specify fromuser= and touser= in an import) and for full database specify full=y.

You can use the other parameters options in the exp and imp utilities (check for more by typing exp HLEP=Y and imp HELP=Y) and choose the options appropriate for your requirement.

I hope this helps

Indira A
Never give up, Keep Trying
Adrian_72
Advisor

Indira when I execute the next command I can't generate the executable for singletask:

make -f ins_rdbms.mk expst

- Linking Singletask Export utility (exp)
cc -Wl,+s -Wl,+n +DA2.0W +DS2.0 -o expst -L/ora9i/rdbms/lib/ -L/ora9i/\
echo '/ora9i/lib/osntabst.o'; \
else \
echo '/ora9i/network/lib/osntabst.o'; \
fi ` /ora9i/rdbms/lib/ttcsoi.o /ora9i/rdbms/lib/ttcoerr.o /ora9i/rdb
ld: I/O error, file "/ora9i/rdbms/lib/kpufpd.o": No such file or directory
Fatal error.
*** Error exit code 1
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Adrian,

This is what Metalink says.

In Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition 9i, Single-task linking and non-deferred linking are not supported
You will experience the following errors when linking executables in single-task mode for example
â ld: I/O error, file "$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/kpufpd.o": No such file or directory
unable to create single-task executables (expst,impst,sqlldrst)

The fix for this is to use two-task (normally) linked executables.

Do not pass following targets to the make utlility: singletask, expst, impst, sqlldrst
I.e. use
make -f ins_rdbms.mk iexp iimp isqlldr

instead of
make -f ins_rdbms.mk expst impst sqlldrst
make -f ins_rdbms.mk singletask

I hope this helps.

Indira
Never give up, Keep Trying