Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XDMCP indirect on Xserver init

Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

XDMCP indirect on Xserver init

Hi, got a 700 series that I'd rather use as an xterminal and get XDM to present a chooser with only 5 specified hosts to log into, including the 700 series itself.
Now, I can't seem to get the Xstartup not to present a graphical console with a direct login to the 700 series.
In order to get my indirect, I must log into the 700, end the Xsession either by changing runlevel or killing X.. then launching X -indirect to get my chooser.

I have tried with varying levels of success to modify the Xaccess, Xstartup to get an indirect chooser, but always the direct login appears.

How do I configure the X session to present this chooser on bootup with just the list of hosts I want. A broadcast will not do (too many servers)

Thanks,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
1 REPLY
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Re: XDMCP indirect on Xserver init

Not positive, but see if Alex's comments on this thread might help:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,1150,0x4f0a6d96588ad4118fef0090279cd0f9,00.html

/rcw