Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linux system

Fadia Almarei
Super Advisor

linux system

i have a linux 9 system at which i install a free radius server on another linux 9 system i install an oracle server , i want the radius to store it's data ( specially the accounting for the users )in the oracle dtaa base my question
how to configure the free radius to store the data in the oracle database server
fadia.marei
3 REPLIES
Don_89
Trusted Contributor

Re: linux system

Typically, a RADIUS server would authicatate against a LDAP server, not a relational database like Oracle.

Next, RADIUS is going to track stuff like successful/failed logins and NOT what the user is actually doing on the system. It would be much easier to install the accounting package that comes with Red Hat 9. This package is called psacct and can be found on rpmfind.net.

ftp://194.199.20.114/linux/redhat/9/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/psacct-6.3.2-27.i386.rpm

Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

You say you've installed 'a free radius server'. Which one? There are many.

Most will have their own documentation on how to back-end them.
One long-haired git at your service...
Fadia Almarei
Super Advisor

Thanks to all

but i install free radiusversion 9.3 and i want it to store it is data for authintication or accounting for the users in an oracledatabase server, i know that it has it's own file to store these data .

thanks in advance
Fadia
fadia.marei