1757095 Members
2467 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

more questions after make_recovery

Chris Fadrowski
Super Advisor

more questions after make_recovery

after doing a make_recovery, i deleted a mount point called /u01. I did the MR and tryed to re-mount this mount point. It doesn't let me. I figured this, but i have info about the mount point in /etc/fstab. However, i can't do a newfs or mkfs on this /u01 mount point to restore my data? any ideas? says it already exists.
u01 is on vg01.
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: more questions after make_recovery

What do you mean you deleted the mount point? How did you do this? vgexport?

How are you trying to get it back?
Ajitkumar Rane
Trusted Contributor

Chris,

As I try to follow what you write I understand you deleted the mountpoint /u01, but not removed the logical volume.Means you deleted the directory /u01.What does bdf say ? What you can do is create a directory in root- mkdir /u01.and use the command "mount -a " or if you want to be specific you can use "mount -f /dev/vg01/ /u01. the info. to be put in the brackets can be found in the /etc/fstab file as you say the fstab is still intact.you can use the other option of mount command depending on your filesystem specification.The mesg you get while doing a newfs or mkfs is because the filesystem is present the lvol as the lvol was not touched by you.It is only missing the data, which of course was deleted by you.
I hope I am correct in understanding the problem.

Good luck
Amidsts difficulties lie opportunities
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Hello againm, Chris,

if no application is running, then you can just safely
throw away the old (and outdated) "/etc/lvmtab"
and re-create it with "vgscan -v"!
But you have to create the proper device files:
mkdir /dev/vg01
mkdir /dev'/vg01/group c 64 0x010000