Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pgsql module for PHP on my 11i box

Simon Galton
Frequent Advisor

pgsql module for PHP on my 11i box

I'm having a tough time figuring out how to enable pgsql integration for the PHP bundled with Apache bundled with 11i (11.11).

I grabbed the source, and have compiled up a pgsql.sl module, put it in the "extensions" directory, ensured that the php.ini file reflects the correct extension_dir etc. Still, when I access test.php I continue to see no mention of pgsql support.

After running php-config I noted that the default extension_dir is /opt/apache/php/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20001214 -- so I coped my .sl files to this dir too...no joy.

Any suggestions? I'm getting a little anxious at this point.
1 REPLY
Simon Galton
Frequent Advisor

Re: pgsql module for PHP on my 11i box

What I chose to do was put a reference copy of a compiled apache tree in /tmp, then grab and configure php, pointing --use-apache at the copy in /tmp.

I had to ensure that I used --enable-shared and --enable-gcc to make sure that gcc was linked in properly.

Once it was built, I replaced the stock copy of /opt/apache/libexec/libphp4.so with the .libs/libphp4.sl.0.0 file, and copied my modules over to the php extensions directory, then updating the php.ini file.

Finally I bundled all these into a depot file in case I get hit by the IT bus...