Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zsh

Tore_1
Regular Advisor

zsh

Hi,
does anyone know how to set correct keybinding
for dtterm when using zsh. I have a problem with backspace not deleting, arrow keys not
working etc. Or even better, does anyone know
how to make zsh behave nicely on dtterm/hp.
3 REPLIES
Bill Thorsteinson
Honored Contributor

Re: zsh

To fix your delete key problem, you should use the 'stty erase' setting. Type 'stty erase ' then the delete key, then enter. This should fix the problem.

Check your TERM variable and see if it is set correctly. You will also need to the appropropriate terminfo database. Default on many systems is to install a compact terminfo database supporting VT100, XTERM, and possibly a few other servers. You may have to install an extended terminfo package.
Tore_1
Regular Advisor

stty erase ^H
-> deletes the prev character with delete but
the cursor doesnt move leftwards.

When I write :
export TERM=dtterm
or any other terminal name I get errormsg:
zsh: can't find terminal definition for dtterm

I know for sure however that during this last operation zsh opens and reads the file /usr/share/lib/terminfo/d/dtterm.
It just seems it cant correctly interpret it.
Also ksh, and bash works correctly on the same
terminal.
Tore_1
Regular Advisor

Found out it is a bug in the 11.00 binary
distribution. To make zsh work correctly compile the source with the directtive
LDFLAGS='-lHcurses' in the Makefile.

ie. ./configure
vi Makefile. search for LDFLAGS
make
make install